Tuesday, March 17, 2020

In These Difficult Times

Beloved,


Instead of chatting over a good meal or a cup of coffee, we are all being asked to be creative in these days as we remain accessible to those we care for, to those we are called to minister to and with. Fortunately, we are in a time of great technological advance, and as we limit our physical interactions, we can still stay in touch with each other.  

I’ll share a thought for the day (or evening), a resource or two, a prayer and whatever else comes to mind.

Share if you like, as we are in this together. 

Psalm 131

A Song of Ascent. For David.

Yahweh, 
I’m not too full of myself.
My vision isn’t set too high.
I don’t pace around
working through big issues
or things I’ll never figure out.
Quite the contrary;
I’ve calmed myself down.
I’ve put myself at rest;
just like a toddler resting on its mother.
At my spiritual center, I’m like a toddler.
May Israel wait expectantly for Yahweh,
at the present moment and for all time.
(as translated by my OT prof and friend, Dr. Dan Hawk)


To help with anxiety

https://drbeckyathome.com/home/managing-coronavirus-anxiety-ours-and-our-kids?fbclid=IwAR2KmUeawPN4xrgc1x6KJUvqooz83JrgZ5eic2A7moIPQVILiq613SOABOQ

For the kids
Scholastic.com/learnathome

A Prayer

At this troubled time, I want family, friends, folks known to us, and unknown, to know we are praying earnestly for you. We pray a canopy of God’s love and protection to cover everyone, the young, the old, the vulnerable of any age and even those who may consider themselves untouchable by this dread disease. We are praying for you. God is our only hope.
(Commissioner Kay Rader, General Paul Rader )


“The best remedy for those who are...lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens...”
Anne Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment