Thursday, March 26, 2020

In these difficult times March 26


Sorry I missed checking in yesterday. Slacker! Nope, not going to accept that name in these days of uncertainty. We must find ways to pace ourselves for the long haul. I love the way Eugene Peterson brings scripture to life in The Message, and I needed to be reminded of the words of Jesus today.

Scripture

From Matthew 11: Jesus resumed talking to the people, but now tenderly . . . 28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Resources


Grief – we’re feeling it now, says Scott Berinato. Yet he wonders, “If we can name it, perhaps we can manage it.”

https://hbr.org/2020/03/that-discomfort-youre-feeling-is-grief?fbclid=IwAR3wR5wS2Hs2wPbPBgXPq6OT6Rvj-3Wey1K67EMzgZBV_LMH89HEtc-5UdM


It’s opening day for baseball. Here’s the commissioner’s letter. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/commissioner-manfred-letter-to-fans?fbclid=IwAR1W8TImYzuse0qnKADm93wS7c_MdyVSgUK_-tfusMYi_lGKkG-G8WPiSKg

Tribe fans – print out a few coloring pages for your mental health – or for your kids at 


A Smile for Today

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/24/821041006/virtual-love-sweet-love-from-quarantined-berklee-college-of-music-students?utm_term=nprnews&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&fbclid=IwAR1UBucHDp1xxauolCVjnuueGyBB-ryeJgQ4lII7hCsmEVv60TtaLvNjKVU&fbclid=IwAR2Q-6Dpsr8Z_I8l9IAhjwcPkupsiTFtdGE9AvEORmbBKir5Pmgyo2Ktppo

A Hymn for All of Us

How firm a foundation, you saints of the Lord,
is laid for your faith in his excellent Word!
What more can he say than to you he has said,
to you who for refuge to Jesus have fled?
2 "Fear not, I am with you, O be not dismayed;
for I am your God, and will still give you aid;
I'll strengthen you, help you, and cause you to stand,
upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.
3 "When through the deep waters I call you to go,
the rivers of sorrow shall not overflow;
for I will be with you, your troubles to bless,
and sanctify to you your deepest distress.
4 "When through fiery trials your pathway shall lie,
my grace, all-sufficient, shall be your supply;
the flame shall not hurt you; I only design
your dross to consume and your gold to refine.
5 "The soul that on Jesus has leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to his foes;
that soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake."
Praying for you today – for “grace that blows all fears away.” (Hillsong)



No comments:

Post a Comment